Ageing Skin Challenges
- Production of collagen and elastin slows down a dramatic 65% between ages 20 and 80. Every year from age 20 on, collagen production slows by an additional 1%.
- Thickness of the skin decreases 6% every 10 years.
- The sun causes 90%–95% of the wrinkles, lines, as well as brown, red and white discoloration on our bodies.
- Cell turnover slows which can lead to dehydration and dryness.
- Repetitive movements, such as frowning, squinting, or cigarette smoking can form permanent wrinkles.
- Menopause can trigger a 30% reduction in collagen and a dramatic increase in dryness and dehydration.
- Gravity, along with a decrease in collagen and elastin production, causes skin to sag.
- Biological or hereditary factors account for 10% of skin’s aging.
- Environmental factors such as smoking or second-hand smoke, excessive alcohol use, and poor nutrition can lead to visible signs of aging such as wrinkling, sagging, discoloration, pigmented skin spots, thinning skin, and spidery lines.
- Free radicals from UV exposure, pollution, smoking, stress, and normal metabolic processes can cause changes that lead to the degradation of skin’s collagen and elastin.
Environmental Factors Start Changing The Skin Below The Surface
What this means is that even before you can observe the signs of ageing, changes are already starting to occur.
A skincare regimen with UVA/UVB protection can help minimize the appearance of ageing.
Healthy ageing means that you have and are able to sustain healthy-looking skin by consistently utilising effective skincare along with balanced nutrition. Your skin’s needs will vary as you age but the need for twice-daily, targeted care will always remain the same. Supporting healthy-looking skin must include maintenance and protection — critical steps to healthy ageing at every life stage.
We all want healthy-looking skin — but what does that mean? We’ve identified 6 key attributes of skin that’s healthy-looking in overall appearance:
- Reduction in the appearance of dark spots
- Reduction in the look of fine lines and wrinkles
What Are Your Healthy Ageing Skincare Needs?
Are You Looking To Address The Appearance Of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Dryness, And Loss Of Radiance?
Are You Looking To Support Your Skin’s Hydration?
Are You Struggling With Persistent Acne Breakouts?
Your Twice-Daily Skincare Regimen
Healthy-looking skin isn’t an accident — it’s a result of understanding your skin type and creating a skincare and nutrition regimen to meet your needs. I can help you personalise a regimen for healthy-looking, beautiful skin and overall wellness.
It’s as simple as cleanse – treat – protect.
STEP 1: CLEANSE
Cleansing is the first step to healthy-looking skin. Gently cleanse your skin twice a day — morning and evening — to remove dead skin cells, makeup, oil and debris. When your skin is clean, it allows skincare products to work better.
STEP 2: TREAT
Skincare treatments come in many forms, most commonly serum, eye cream and facial masks.
Serums deliver targeted ingredients depending on needs, such as healthy aging, or soothing. Serums also deliver key ingredients that help refresh, rejuvenate and renew skin’s appearance.
Eye creams can reduce the appearance of puffiness, smooth the look of fine lines, brighten the appearance of dark circles, and replenish moisture. The skin around the eyes is delicate and thin; it loses moisture rapidly, so it needs to be gently cared for.
Facial masks offer targeted treatment options to help you address specific skincare concerns. A mask can help hydrate or unclog pores to remove excess oils and impurities helping to improve skin’s appearance.
STEP 3: PROTECT
Both hydration and protection are critical for a soft, smooth complexion, even for oily skin. Select the appropriate day and night moisturizers for your skin type.
- Day cream with SPF delivers hydration and other healthy aging skincare benefits, along with broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
- Night cream contains key ingredients at effective levels to support skin’s natural nightly reparative process and provide moisture barrier protection during sleep.
30-Day Transformations - Real Results with RE9 Advanced
Our premium healthy aging skincare line integrates beneficial scientific ingredients and botanicals to deliver clinically tested, unbiased, totally visible results.
Images taken 30 days after use of the new RE9 Advanced collection.
A Final Thought
When you feel good you look good, especially when you combine exceptional skincare and nutrition. Your body works as a system where every function is connected. Diet and nutrition play a large role in how you feel on the insideand how you look on the outside.
The skin is the body’s largest organ and also the largest organ of detoxification. It’s important to support skin with a skincare regimen and also to incorporate proper diet and supplements to help support skin with nourishment from within. A healthy digestive system helps ensure you are absorbing nutrients effectively, which helps nourish the skin from the inside out.
I hope you have found the above educational. Please feel free to contact me for more information about our premium skincare products. I’ll leave you with that.