So guys, it’s 2020, Whether you find yourself facing redundancy or the loss of a loved one, stuck in a rut or unable to stay motivated, making a positive change is likely to feature in the things you’re going to need to do to feel happy and successful again.
However, it can be easier said than done. It’s natural to resist change. But that doesn’t have to be the case.
Change is actually good for us in both our personal and professional lives since it makes us more flexible, exposes us to new experiences and people, and opens up the doors to more opportunities.
However, if you want to make a change in your life, you can to do so positively by following these tips.
Here are 20 Things You Can Do Today To Transform Your Life:
- Meditate for Five Minutes: Getting into the habit of meditation is not as easy as some would have us believe. But if you can manage just five minutes a day, this is enough to start bringing some meaningful changes.
- Take Lutein: There are plenty of supplements we could put on this list to improve your health but lutein has been shown to help learning and energy levels.
- Have Some Magnesium Threonate Before Bed: This can enhance your sleep and further support brain plasticity!
- Swap All Your Drinks for Water: This will burn a similar number of calories in a week to running 8KM and can improve your health and brain function!
- Walk 1 Mile: Walking a single mile will burn an additional 100 calories a day. This means that if you walk a mile for seven days, you’ll burn 700 calories – a third of the amount of calories you should eat in a day!
- Have a Bath Before Bed: It relaxes your muscles for better sleep.
- Leave Work Unfinished: Sounds contradictory but this will make it easier to pick up the work again the next day.
- Do Your Most Enjoyable Task First: This is another good way to overcome the temptation to procrastinate.
- Visualize Where You Want to Be: This will give you purpose and focus.
- Count When You Stand Up and Sit Down in a Day: This is a great challenge to try and enhance mindfulness.
- Make the Bed: One simple act of discipline can lead to many more.
- Get a Haircut: This can boost your mood and your self-confidence. Some changes are easiest outside-in.
- Invest in a Daylight Lamp: This will wake you more gently and trigger wakefulness hormones while boosting your mood.
- Apply the 80/20 Rule: Look at your life and identify the 20% of your effort that offers 80% of your yield.
- Learn Something New: Learning encourages the brain to expand and grow and can slow age-related decline. This makes us happier and means that we’ll learn other new things more easily.
- Take on a Challenge: The body grows and thrives when it is placed under challenge. You either move forward or back, so get outside your comfort zone!
- Try the Dual N Back Test: A powerful exercise for enhancing working memory. This can make you more focussed and better at multitasking! – https://www.brainturk.com/dual-n-back
- Put Yourself Out There: You need to overcome your concerns about what others might think of you. A great way to do that is by putting yourself out there: putting yourself on the line by embarrassing yourself in public and proving to yourself that it’s not so bad.
- Learn to Stop Trying to Please Everyone: You never can and trying to will only ensure that you aren’t happy (and that you’re a bag of nerves!).
- Say Goodbye to the Old You: Want to change and improve? Be willing to let go of old habits and traits to embrace the new ones!
That’s it— 20 tips and you are well on your way to transform your life. Practice this for just two weeks. You will see a tremendous difference in your productivity and your attitude.